Epiphany

What happens when you life slaps you upside the head and says, "Wake UP!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Westminster, Maryland, United States

I'm the mom and career woman who has always had a passion for writing

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Current reads

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Just finished reading something by an author whose books I always enjoy. This book was a little different though. It seemed reminiscent of an earlier book, and I was able to guess "who did it" about halfway through it. There was a lot of back story involved. I don't know - it seemed to drag after a while. Don't get me wrong - it's still a good story. It's just not as fresh as I would have liked it to be. Okay, maybe I expect too much from that author.

It makes me wonder what an author goes through after a number of successful novels under his/her belt. Does it get progressively harder to come up with ideas? Do they have ideas but rely too heavily on their past successes as far as character development and plot?

I imagine it can be difficult sometimes to generate an entirely new story line after writing for years. Unless you're one of those exceptional people who have a bottomless pit of ideas. How wonderful it would be to be one of THOSE people.

So now I'm reading BREATHERS - A ZOMBIE'S LAMENT. I'm about halfway through, and I have to say it's holding my attention. I didn't think I'd care for it, but one of the guys at work recommended it, and he is correct - it's entertaining. The story puts a different spin on what zombies are all about. Pick it up if you would like something light to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home